Mr. Ganfer heads Ganfer & Shore’s Real Estate and Cooperative and Condominium Law Practice Groups. He has extensive experience in representing sponsors, cooperative and condominium boards and tenant groups in the conversion process. Throughout his career he has been involved in all aspects of the acquisition, development, sale and operation of real property, and has represented architects, engineers and builders in the construction of multifamily buildings.
Additionally, Mr. Ganfer has prepared construction contracts, offering plans, the creation of two and three unit condominiums and commercial leases. He is counsel to numerous cooperative and condominium boards, and has also counseled owners involved in the various New York City housing programs to develop low and moderate income housing.
Prior to joining Ganfer & Shore, LLP, Mr. Ganfer was a partner in the law firm of Laber & Ganfer, a firm that specialized in cooperative and condominium conversions, including tenant sponsored plans, and real estate transactions.
St. John’s University School of Law (J.D., 1973)
City College of the City University of New York (BEE, 1969)
Memberships and Admissions
Mr. Ganfer is a member of the New York State Bar Real Property Section. He is admitted to practice in New York.
- Represented condominium sponsors in the submission of offering plans to the Department of Law.
- Represented the purchaser of Unsold Shares in the acquisition of Unsold Units.
- Represented a school in the acquisition of expansion space.
- Represented an owner/developer in his acquisition and development of properties for the creation of low income housing.
- Prepared construction contracts for the development of multi-family housing.
- Represented several restaurant clients in connection with their leases.
- Handled refinancing, acquisition and construction loan closings and other loan transactions.
- Prepared operating agreements and other agreements relating to the acquisition, construction and sale of real property.
Mr. Ganfer's direct telephone number is (212) 922-9036 and he can also be reached by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.