Mr. Shore is Ganfer & Shore’s managing partner and head of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Group.
He has extensive experience in representing parties in complex commercial litigations and, in particular, in business, securities and real estate controversies.
Mr. Shore is experienced in all phases of litigation in both New York State and Federal Courts, as well as in arbitral forums. He is also a seasoned appellate attorney, having argued before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and Appellate Divisions of both the First and Second Departments.
Mr. Shore was one of the founders of Ganfer & Shore. Prior to forming the predecessor firm in 1979, he was a staff attorney with the Division of Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Commission and thereafter an associate in the litigation department at Weil, Gotshal and Manges.
Mr. Shore has lectured at the New York City and State Bar Associations in Real Estate and Mediation and at Columbia Law School on securities law. Mr. Shore has also served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Mr. Shore is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level in professional excellence and ethics, and has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” annually since 2006. Mr. Shore was also listed by Thomson-Reuters in their Super Lawyers edition in 2011 as one of the top hundred attorneys in the Metropolitan New York area. Mr. Shore has been selected as a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America.
New York University School of Law (J.D., 1971);
Member of Staff, Annual Survey of American Law;
Moot Court Judge;
University of Rochester (B.A., 1968)
Memberships and Admissions
New York State (1972);
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (1973);
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (1973);
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York (1998);
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit (1974);
U.S. Supreme Court (1998);
Member, Committee on Civil Practice Law and Rules of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, 1999 to present;
Member, Commercial Division Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, 2005 to present;
Member, Corporation, Banking and Business Law, Litigation and Corporate Counsel Sections of the American Bar Association;
Member, Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Compliance and Legal Division, 1998 to present;
Mr. Shore has lectured at Columbia Law School in its Continuing Legal Education Program on the trial of a securities case and in New York State and City Bar Association Programs on Real Estate and Mediation.
- Represented corporation in a tender offer case that was adjudicated in client’s favor and affirmed by the Second Circuit.
- Represented plaintiff in a securities fraud case that was cited by the Compliance and Legal Division of SIFMA as one of the most significant cases of the year.
- Successfully represented a major comic book creator in multiple litigations involving intellectual property and contractual claims.
- Represented security brokerage firms and brokers in breach of non-compete and raiding cases.
- Represented accounting firms and accountants in breach of non-compete and raiding cases.
- Represented parties in partnership/LLP disputes and dissolution proceedings.
- Represented brokerage firms in customer arbitrations.
- Represented cooperative and condominium associations in shareholder litigations, among other things, involving renovations, access, shareholder rights and board discretion.
- Represented cooperatives and condominium associations in construction litigations.
- Represented parties in multiple real estate proceedings in which sanctions were awarded.
- Represented multiple real estate developers in foreclosure proceedings.
- Represented alleged securities violators in internal SEC investigations.
Mr. Shore can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.