Ms. Jacobus is a partner in the Real Estate and Cooperative and Condominium Law Practice Groups at Ganfer & Shore. She has extensive experience in all aspects of Cooperative and Condominium Law through her representation of numerous cooperative corporations and condominium associations from the development stages including acquisition of the property, financing the construction, preparation of the offering plans and sale of the units. She represents many cooperative boards of directors and condominium boards of managers, counseling them and assisting them in areas of corporate governance, underlying mortgage financing, shareholder disputes, architectural designer agreements and construction contracts and leasing of commercial spaces. In addition, Ms. Jacobus represents foreign and domestic corporations, trusts and individuals in the acquisition, sale and financing of vacant land, commercial and mixed use buildings and condominium and cooperative units and private homes.
Prior to joining the predecessor of this firm in 1988, Ms. Jacobus was an assistant district attorney in Kings County and a supervising counsel at the New York State Department of Social Services Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Bureau.
Boston University School of Law (J.D., 1973);
University of Rochester (B.A., 1970);
Memberships and Admissions
Ms. Jacobus is a member of the New York State Bar Association’s Cooperatives and Condominiums Section. She is admitted in New York.
- Represented investor groups in bulk purchases of multiple condominium units and unsold shares in cooperative apartment corporations.
- Handled hallway space, basement space sales and purchases in cooperative buildings.
- Represented numerous cooperative corporations in underlying mortgage financings in amounts ranging from $300,000 to $25,000,000.
- Handled no-action letter, issuance of shares to auction of and closing of parking spaces in an existing cooperative corporation netting the client over $1,000,000.
- Represented a client who is very active in the various New York City programs purchasing and upgrading low and middle income properties from the purchase and construction financing with New York City agencies through permanent financing.
- Assisted cooperative corporations and condominium associations in updating their respective governing documents.
- Handled the ongoing leasing for a building in Chelsea that caters to artists and various types of designers.
Ms. Jacobus's direct telephone number is (212) 922-9037 and she can also be reached by e-mail email@example.com.