Mr. Bonanno is a partner in the Commercial Litigation, and Cooperative and Condominium Law Practice Groups at Ganfer & Shore.
His practice focuses on representing individuals and corporate entities in complex commercial litigation including extensive securities, contract, and general commercial litigation, with an emphasis on real estate matters. Mr. Bonanno has represented clients in all phases of litigation in both state and federal courts, including appeals.
Mr. Bonanno was formerly a senior litigation associate of the firm and has worked at Ganfer & Shore for virtually his entire career. Prior to joining Ganfer & Shore, Mr. Bonanno worked in private practice, where he litigated on behalf of banks in matters involving real estate, foreclosures, and lending.
Mr. Bonanno has been recognized as a "New York Super Lawyer Rising Star” for 2011.
Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2000)
Manhattan College (B.A., 1997)
Memberships and Admissions
New York State (2001)
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2002)
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York (2002)
Member, New York State Bar Association
- Represented a major New York City hotel in a Yellowstone injunction dispute with its tenant.
- Defense of a major New York City law firm in a legal malpractice action arising from alleged advice given in connection with a proceeding before the NASD (now FINRA).
- Summary judgment in favor of client in a dispute involving the conveyance of ownership of major New York City hotel in midtown Manhattan.
- Dismissal of breach of contract action brought by an elevator company against real estate management company.
- Represented parties in partnership/LLP disputes.
- Represented cooperative and condominium associations in shareholder litigations, among other things, involving renovations, access, shareholder rights and board discretion.
- Represented cooperatives and condominium associations in construction litigations.
- Represented parties in multiple real estate proceedings in which sanctions were awarded.
- Represented multiple real estate developers in foreclosure proceedings.
Mr. Bonanno's direct telephone number is (212) 823-0920 and he can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.